Harborview Studios seeks a part-time freelance wedding videography assistant to join our wedding film crew to film weddings at some of the most iconic and spectacular venues on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket, and throughout New England.
Our videography assistants are an essential part of our crew who help the entire film team work quickly and efficiently.
This position is a part-time supporting role (absolutely perfect for anyone who is an Enneagram 2—don’t worry if you don’t know what that means).
Our videography assistants are responsible for equipment set-up/breakdown, audio setups, and some filming as a third shooter.
No experience necessary, we will train you as a wedding videography assistant. For this position, we’re offering $25/hr with the opportunity for growth as your skills increase.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone looking to pick up extra $$$ while also learning a valuable skill in a fun and fast-paced environment.
In the role of Wedding Videography Assistant, you’ll get to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with first and second shooters to develop and implement the proper filming set-up for indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions
- Have interactions with couples and other vendors when it comes to setting up audio
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the fundamentals of Canon cameras, film skills, and audio
We are looking for people who have:
- Curious about filming and videography
- A passion for organization, paying attention to the details, and managing your time
- The ability and desire to work in a fun, fast-paced environment with peers who are excited for your success
- High energy level, comfortable multi-tasking, and troubleshooting
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible
Requirements to be a Wedding Videography Assistant:
- Availability to work part-time on various weekend days
- Reliable transportation to and from work on Cape Cod
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs
- Match with our core values of inclusivity believing that love is love and black lives matter
- Previous experience in weddings are a plus (but not required)
This Wedding Videography Assistant job isn’t a good fit for you if:
- You are unable to work varied Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays (these are the days weddings happen)
- You are unable to move moderately heavy equipment
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you and are excited to meet you!