Welcome to Harborview Studios
the place for couples who are looking for a cinematic experience with their love story.
We’re Sean & Cindy Caughey, (pronounced koi, like the fish; not coffee although we are big fans of it), and we’re a husband & wife videography team who film couples in love.
We deliver so much more than a wedding film.
Not only do we create a gorgeous wedding film of your day that you'll want to watch over and over and over and (you get the idea)... but we also deliver peace of mind.
Your experience begins with knowing everything you can expect throughout your journey with us—you're never in the dark about what to expect.
We know that being in the loop means you never have to wonder if your project has been forgotten.
With some studios, you might not hear from them for months until you get your final video.
Not us. We're big fans of current and transparent information.
We'll always keep you in the know about what we need from you next, how your wedding day will go, and exactly when you can expect your final delivery.
And we make sure to give you updates on your wedding video straight through to delivery day so you don't ever feel like you're unsure about the progress of your film or wonder if we've forgotten about you (because, how could we—you're awesome).
We're with you through the WHOLE process.
What you will find in our wedding films:
- A perfect representation of you as a couple
- The story of your wedding day edited in a cinematic style
- All of the feels
What you will find on our site:
- Non-industry standard language. And by that, I mean, I write using OUR voices... not the voice we think you want to hear or what tests best—this site is us, through and through. We're joyfully honest, straight-forward with our thinking, and as cheeseball as it sounds... we're crazy excited for each one of our weddings—because we really do have the best job ever.
- A showcase of some of our favorite wedding trailers. These are only wedding trailers, contact us for a full-length feature sample to see what a feature Harborview Studios wedding film will look like for you.
- A blog dedicated to love stories and wedding videography struggles. We know that it's not easy to expertly understand 13 different professional services while you're planning a wedding and we try to take away some of that planning stress by talking about how videography relates to your life, how to book wedding video, how to tell if a wedding video or cinematographer is good, and what to do with it after you have it.
- A full range of frequently asked questions. To help some time, get the answers to the FAQ that you need without having to go through the whole email process to get it (of course we're thrilled to talk to you if you have any question not answered here—definitely get in touch if you're feeling like a chat).
I've been training my whole life to tell love stories using modern videography.
I grew up with a camera in my hand—constantly recording my family's large and small life moments. I didn't realize it at the time but I was inadvertently creating the perfect family video time capsule. These videos are timeless treasures that my entire family cherish.
It's also the perfect foundation for my career in wedding video.
Crafting the story of two people in love is an art and an honor. There's a lot of skill involved in discovering the story of two people's hearts. Creating a short-form wedding film around a couple's biggest day is one of the most challenging and exciting projects.
Helping my clients see how special their love is for each other is one of my favorite parts of my job.
Of course, there's more beyond the camera.
I'm head-over-heels in love with my wife of 16 years, Cindy. We're the kind of couple that knows what the other is thinking before they do. It feels like we've been together forever and like we were just married yesterday, all at the same time.
I'm an advocate for rescuing unwanted animals and we currently have two cats, a dog, and a horse—all rescues—mostly named after JAWS characters (OK, a Dawson's Creek character got in there).
I'm a total movie nerd and can talk your ear off about anything movie related. Ask me anything you want about the Marvel Universe.
During the football season you can almost always find me yelling much better play calls at the TV about to my Cowboys (they can hear me, right?).
Beyond that, I'm just your average guy who loves a good, cold Sam Adam's to chase down a piece of great pizza (maybe followed up with some of Cindy's warm chocolate chip cookies, which are the best and not just because she's the one writing my bio).